Times have changed, and today jokes don’t just mean silly pranks – they involve intricate planning and a lot of science as well. There are plenty of fun things to do with science – it could include chemistry or even the laws of physics. All you need is some ingenuity and a few basic materials. Read on to learn how to make CD balloon hovercraft, with ideas, tips, and tricks.
There are plenty of ways you can use the balloon hovercraft. Gone are the days of paper planes whooshing around in the park; you can now just sit at home and create your hovercraft. It can also be used for your kid’s school activity, at an exhibition, or simply as a fun project on a lazy Sunday. All you need are simple balloon hovercraft instructions.
You need four simple and readily available things to start this activity – a balloon, a CD, a pop-up water bottle lid, and a glue stick. If you have a hot glue gun, nothing like it, but if you don’t have one, no worries –super glue can do the job equally well.
- Place the bottle pop-up lid on the center hole of the CD so that the two holes are in line with each other.
- Use super glue to stick the water bottle lid to the CD in the same position.
- Push the pop-up lid so that it closes now.
- Inflate the balloon next.
And like with every experiment, the crucial and tricky part of this activity comes.
- Stretch the top of the balloon over the lid’s push-up part without causing any deflation in the balloon.
- It is important to get this part right because any deflation in the balloon will cause a loss of pressure that will not yield desirable results for the hovercraft.
- For this part, you can pinch tightly right above the opening and release it after you have stretched the opening over the push-up portion of the lid.
Once you have completed the balloon hovercraft science experiment, you can have it glide over a large space with smooth surfaces like tiles or floors.
- To start your hovercraft, use the push-up part to open the pop-up lid.
Sit back and watch it glide over the floor and take its direction as the pressure from the balloon pushes the system making it glide about the surface.
Are you looking for more ideas? Visit us! Call us at 8088880011 if you’re looking for party planners in Bangalore.