Balloons are so versatile that they can be used as decor on most occasions w the balloon column being an iconic party decoration. Also popularly known as a balloon tower or pillar, DIY balloon column-making ideas can be a little intimidating, but once you try your hand at them, you will find them easier to make.
All that you will need are:
- 11″ high-quality latex balloons in two different colours of your choice
- 5″ high-quality latex balloons in similar colours
- A pre-prepared sturdy base
- Balloon sizer
- An electrical inflator
If you are a novice, always remember to use a sturdy balloon column base, as it will help you to create a straight and stable column. For making a balloon column of a height of 7’3″, you’ll need a stand of 6’2″, 17 11″ balloons, and 52 5″ balloons. Have some extra balloons, in case of any bursts.
Try and follow the steps to build a good and sturdy balloon column.
- Take four 11’ balloons and start blowing them up with an inflator. Use the balloon sizer to ensure they are of equal size. Now tie the two balloons around the neck and make sure they are tied tight enough. You have now created balloon duplets.
- Now take the other two balloons, and tie both the necks together, by twisting them and tying a knot. A professional can do it easily, but you can make use of additional thread or ribbon if tying directly becomes difficult.
- Take the pair of two tied balloons, adjust them at 90 degrees with each other by just twisting them through each other once, then cross them and make them tight. You will notice that the balloons with similar colours will be on opposite sides. The set of four balloons is known as the balloon quads. You can string your quads onto the sturdy pole or stand and ensure they’re held tight enough.
- Proceed to create similar balloon quads and string them onto the pole one by one, tightly pressing and placing the balloons one above another, to make a big column. Repeat the process with the balloons to create an interesting spiral pattern.
- To get a variation, you can also try different configurations for DIY balloon pillar ideas. Just inflate the balloons to 8” and try to arrange the four balloons’ quads with another pack of four balloon quads at a 90-degree angle. Finally, to create the top of the balloon column: tie a fully-inflated 11-inch balloon to the centre of your last cluster, making it resemble a crown.
Your balloon column is ready for the decorations. Try using your innovative ways to create something different with the balloon columns. If you too require professional balloon column designs, then get in touch with Book My Balloons, by calling 8088880011 or 8088880022 for our latest products and services. Are you looking for the best balloon decoration services in Bangalore? Visit us!