Flying in a hot air balloon is a fun recreational activity. Taking to the skies in a basket suspended from a balloon to enjoy the beautiful view from above is a fantastic experience that you should try at least once in your lifetime. Hot air balloon suppliers in Bangalore offer you flights that grace the sky.
To know more about the flights, we have 10 facts about hot air balloons.
- China experimented with hot air technology for more than two thousand years. Only in 1783, the first human, Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier, could take a hot air balloon flight. Designed by two brothers, Jacques and Etienne Montgolfier, in Annonay, France, the first human flight was a resounding success.
- The Montgolfier brothers wanted to test their first flight using animals as passengers to check its safety. On 19th September 1783, a sheep, a duck, and a rooster flew into the skies for an 8-minute flight. After the flight landed, the animals were found to be safe and alive, thus paving the way for successful future flights with humans.
- The first flight with humans on board took place on 21st November 1783, with three flights taking off that day. The hot air balloon made by the Montgolfier brothers was piloted by Jean-François Pilatre de Rozier, who was a physics professor and François Laurent d’Arlandes, who was then an infantry major. In the year 2010, Milli Karlstrom from the UK became the youngest female pilot to qualify to pilot a hot air balloon on her auspicious 17th birthday.
- The longest Hot Air balloon flight is known to be taken by the Virgin Pacific Flyer, driven by Per Lindstrand, a renowned pilot from Sweden, and Richard Branson, a reputed pilot from the UK. The flight flew from Japan and headed to Northern Canada on 15th January 1991.
- Hot Air Balloon pilots need to get a commercial pilot’s wing license and qualifications. Along with 35-hours of instruction attendance and basic aviation training, you need to pass a written test plus a flight test taken by the officials from the federal aviation department.
- Hot Air balloon flight cannot take place in the rain. Apart from the inconvenience to the passengers, precipitation is another cause of flying restrictions. The balloon gets much more challenging to control during rain due to the accumulating water on top, cooling it down. The cooling effect makes the hot air balloon heavier and burns much more fuel. The heat coming from the balloon might heat the rainwater and destroy the fabric of the hot air balloon, making the balloon less safe.
- Hot air balloon party ideas became famous for advertisements. Energizer Bunny Hot Hare Balloon is a giant hot air balloon with a size of 98EEEE and measuring 166 ft. high. It’s larger than the Statue of Liberty and was held together with 84 miles of thread.
- Pinball, short for the pilot balloon, is an instrument made of a balloon filled with helium. The pilots use Pinball to check the exact direction of the wind at a forthcoming launch of a hot air balloon.
- Though the pilot receives much of the limelight, it takes a team of trained and dedicated ground crew professionals to launch any hot air balloon flight. Without their crew, a balloon pilot would never get airborne.
- Drinking champagne is a prevalent tradition when flying a hot air balloon. It became a standard offering to the farmers whose land the balloons would land, soothing their anger and allowing them to continue their work.
If you want to learn more about hot air balloon theme party decoration, there’s no better way to do it than trying it for yourself.
Get in touch with www.bookmyballoons.in for hot air balloon party supplies in Bangalore and any other event services. We will be happy to help you with our expertise in implementing decorations of your choice with perfection and on time.